Information on the legislation and guidance for controlling explosive atmospheres and how it relates to filters and housings is available from Amazon Filters. For more information click here
PED – Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
All pressure equipment, including filter housings, being placed into service in Europe, must conform to Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU. This directive requires that all pressure equipment and assemblies above specified pressure and/or volume thresholds must:
- Be safe.
- Meet essential safety requirements covering design, manufacture and testing.
- Satisfy appropriate conformity assessment procedures.
- Carry the CE marking and other information.
Pressure equipment and assemblies below the specified pressure / volume thresholds must:
- Be safe.
- Be designed and manufactured according to sound engineering practice.
- Bear specified markings (but not the CE marking).
- Under the directive Pressure Equipment is classified into one of five categories; SEP (Sound Engineering Practice) and Categories I, II, III, or IV.
The categories in turn are defined by system pressure and volume, Fluid Group (Group 1 or Group 2) and the fluid type (gas or liquid)
Group 1 comprises those fluids classified, according to the EC directive on the classification of dangerous substances, as:
- Very flammable.
- Extremely flammable.
- Very toxic.
- Group 2 comprises all other fluids including steam.
Amazon Filters is a leading designer and manufacturer of filter vessels. These are manufactured either based on sound engineering practice, or industry recognised design codes such as EN13345, PD5500 and ASME VIII, but we ensure all vessels supplied, satisfy the demands of the PED (Pressure Equipment Directive). We are also accredited for self certification to Module H of the PED.
The Pressure Equipment Directive means that it is illegal to market, sell or install vessels that do not meet the requirements of the PED rules and there is an individual and corporate responsibility for the vessels that pass through a company – it is therefore in your interest to understand the requirements of this directive and ensure the vessels you use or sell are fully compliant.
To download a copy of our PED Certificate of Conformity click here.
FILTER CARTRIDGE END FITTINGS
Amazon Filters supplies filters with the widest range of end caps. We are able to offer cartridges to fit most housings currently in use. For more information click here.