Anti-microbial Depth Cartridge
In many water-based processes there can be a persistent problem with microbial contamination and the subsequent biofouling of the filtration system. This could be on either depth or membrane based filters.
SupaSpun KilBac® is a range of absolute rated melt blown depth filters with the addition of KilBac® anti-microbial and anti-algal technology to prevent biofouling on the filtration media.
Rather than being based on nano-sized particles whose size and safety has been questioned in the past, our technology utilises micron-sized zeolite structures which are used as a carrier for the anti-microbial agent. By optimising the fibre diameter to the active particle size we maximise the surface area and hence the efficacy of the anti-microbial to the fluid stream being filtered.
Two KilBac® grades are available
- Silver (Ag) / Zinc (Zn) for bacteria control
- Silver (Ag) / Copper (Cu) for algae control
KilBac® fibres are blown continuously on to a central support core, with fibre diameters controlled to produce different pore sizes throughout the extrusion process. All the layers are inter-linked to offer maximum support while ensuring that the high void volume is maintained, but with increasing fibre density towards the cartridge central core; therefore resulting in true graded density depth filtration.
Features and Benefits
- Absolute removal ratings for consistent and reliable performance
- Graded density structure for maximum dirt holding capacity
- Anti-microbial and anti-algal technology
- Eliminates biofouling on filters in addition to controlling overall bioburden in water-based recirculation processes
- Prevents biofilm build-up on single pass systems, extending filter life and reducing overall operating costs
- Absolute ratings of 1 to 20µm (Beta Ratio 5000)
- Thermal bonding process minimises media migration and ensures minimal extractables
- Identification data embossed on every cartridge
- Advantage grade featuring moulded end caps and rigid outer support cage
Download the Supaspun KilBac datasheet