We’re now recruiting a Junior Software Developer to support and customise business-critical software products used internally within the company.
The successful candidate will be working within a small technical team of mixed IT roles, and alongside the existing software developers, enhancing their development skills and making a real impact with their work. What they do will have a visible impact in the company and they will be expected to interact directly with other departments. They will be independently supporting some of our software products and building new ones as required.
The main focus will be to support and develop our Java-based ERP, using Java/Java EE. Hibernate, JBoss/Wildfly, Mozilla Rhino. Also including report development using Eclipse Business Intelligence Reporting tool (BIRT) and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
A successful candidate will have:
- An HND or higher in a computer related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- Competency in Java
- Knowledge of T-SQL and SQL Server
- The ability to take ownership of projects and work to deadlines
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and use available resources eg API/Framework/product documentation to solve problems independently
- Strong and clear verbal and written communication
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Comfortable with interacting with staff across the business to gather requirements and resolve technical problems
- Able to translate between business and technical language, speak to users of different technical abilities
Knowledge of Application development using .NET, Entity Framework, ASP.NET, WinForms, WPE
Knowledge of RESTful services
Experience with any Version Control software: Git, SVN, Perforce
Salary of £25,500 - £29,000
Profit share scheme
Retail discounts, paid volunteering days, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, car maintenance scheme, saving, investments and debt advice, voluntary private healthcare plans and more.