We are now seeking a new Desktop Support to join our busy and friendly IT Team. The successful candidate will be working on supporting a broad range of technologies across the business, to receive, report and resolve incidents. The role will be responsible for answering IT requests and will be one of the main contacts for the IT team.
The successful candidate will be working within a small technical team of mixed IT roles and alongside the System Administrator and the current Desktop Support. What they do will have a visible impact in the Company and therefore will be expected to interact directly with the other departments and sites of the Company, so it is essential for them to be approachable. They will be familiar with Incident Recording, Troubleshooting, Asset Management as well as set-up, installation and maintenance of client hardware and software. It is essential that the successful candidate is a self-starter, eager and able to learn as in time the role will be expanded, and they will take on new duties and responsibilities.
A successful candidate will have:
- An HND or higher in a computer related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- Hands on experience of a windows environment
- Working, functional knowledge of Microsoft 365 and of computer peripherals;
- Strong clear communication skills with the ability to perform remote trouble shooting and give clear instructions either face to face, via email or over the phone;
- The ability to work as part of a team – both learning from and assisting others to overcome challenges;
- Self-discipline – able to organise and prioritise workloads where necessary to ensure deadlines are met
- An analytical approach to problem solving – able to use resources available to solve problems independently;
- The ability to take ownership of projects and work to time limits
Salary of £24,000 - £26,000
Profit share scheme
Retail discounts, paid volunteering days, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, car maintenance scheme, saving, investments and debt advice, voluntary private healthcare plans and more.