We are now looking to recruit an Applications Engineer to join our Project Specialist in specifying cost, tender and win profitable orders for bespoke process filtration solutions based on the Company’s technologies to the range of industries that the Company targets. The successful candidate will be working within our Internal Sales Department, specifically working closely with our Project Specialist enhancing their skills and making a real impact with their work. What they do will have a visible impact in the company and they will be expected to interact directly with other departments in the company. The successful individual will also be undertaking the following tasks:
- Select and size against applications, a range of process filtration technology including cartridge, bag and activated carbon filters, coalescers and strainers.
- Conceptually design suitable pressure vessels to suit the selected filtration technology considering material compatibility, design conditions, international design codes, client specification and local regulatory requirements.
- Prepare cost estimates for bespoke filter media, filter internals, pressure vessels and systems from historical information combined with sub vendor contractor enquired pricing.
- Prepare techno-commercial tenders in line with customer requirements, taking reference to their required level of information and identifying any technical and commercial deviations to the enquiry.
- Resolve all technical and commercial queries and concerns raised with the tender to reach an agreed position acceptable to all parties.
- Prepare orders received for handover to the project execution team, remaining involved in early stages of execution to provide input to any changes that may have impact on the process performance of the filtration solution.
- Provide after sales support to customer with any issues with the performance of Amazon Filters media and hardware.
- Research and select suitable subcontractors and suppliers as demanded by project requirements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on Company technology and solutions to customers.
- Travel to customer and supplier sites when required to attend meetings and site visits in person.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a challenging and interesting position; we are looking for someone with:
- A process industry background in either water treatment, pharmaceutical or oil & gas sectors.
- Familiar with a variety of process filtration and separation technologies and comfortable with sizing from first principles.
- Familiar with the design and construction principles of pressure vessels, knowledge of PED, ASME VIII, PD:5500 and EN:13445 design codes.
- An understanding of the principles of material compatibility and corrosion.
- Comprehension of extensive enquiry documentation including process/mechanical datasheets and client specifications.
- Solid grounding in preparing cost estimates for bespoke fabricated equipment and solutions.
- Experience in the preparation of tenders and supporting documentation including datasheets.
- Use of Pressure Vessel Design Software (i.e., PV Elite or VVD)
- Experience of selecting and sizing cartridge filters for liquid and gas applications
Amazon Filters Ltd is an established and rapidly expanding filter manufacturer supplying first class filtration solutions to a host of Process Industries. We have a friendly and modern working environment, where the successful candidate’s contribution will make them a valuable and prominent member of the team.
Joining Amazon Filters at this exciting time offers; a salary of £45,000 - £55,000, hybrid working, profit share scheme, enhanced pension, retail discounts, paid volunteering days, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, car maintenance scheme, saving, investments and debt advice, voluntary private healthcare plans and more.