Housing Fabrication Team Leader
We are now seeking a new Housing Fabrication Team Leader to join our busy and friendly team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the people, procedures, and processes with the Housing Fabrication Department. The individual will also be managing, motivating, and engaging the team to meet the business targets, whilst setting an example by creating a positive and environment based on the company behaviours. Some of the tasks candidate will be required to undertake are;
- Regularly reporting both to own team and upwards to their line manager
- Manage recruitment with the assistance of HR
- Clearly communicate required tasks, agree deadline, and monitor achievement
- Set and agree SMART objectives for individuals/team and monitor performance against these
- Address performance or conduct issues quickly, candidly, and constructively with the assistance of HR
- Identify training and development opportunities for the team
- Absence management with company policy; to include sickness and annual leave
- Promote and drive continuous improvement within the teams
- Responsible for HSE compliance and improvement activities for the Team.
- Ensure final product meets quality standards and customer specifications
- Carrying out works order operations as detailed
- Continuous improvement or manufacturing methods for standard housing designs
- Involvement in equipment maintenance
- Support of related teams in their problem-solving activities
- Complete all documentation required by the Company administrative system accurately and on time
The successful candidate will find this an interesting and challenging position and should have:
- Experience of working within an Engineering Workshop
- Experience of and ability to read Engineering Drawings
- Demonstrable supervisory or people management experience
- Experience of employee performance management
- Organisational Skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills - leading the team, managing diverse personalities and points of view with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others
- Commercial Acumen – the ability to understand company finances, resourcing, and the ultimate aims of the business
- Role Modelling - Able to demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives, and culture of the organisation
- Coaching & Mentoring - Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff
- Trust – a high level of integrity with the ability to become the trusted confidante for Senior Management, unafraid of giving own opinions and expertise
- Influencing Skills – the ability to influence at all levels and challenge without creating barriers.
Amazon Filters Ltd is an established and rapidly expanding filter manufacturer supplying first class filtration solutions to a host of Process Industries. We have a friendly and modern working environment, where the successful candidate’s contribution will make them a valuable and prominent member of the team.
Joining Amazon Filters at this exciting time offers; competitive basic salary, pension scheme and other additional Company benefits.
If you are interested in applying for the position please forward your CV with a covering letter to our HR Department at or contact us on 01276 670 600 for further information.
Deadline for applications is 21st August 2020.